Backyard Ice Rink Liners by NiceRink
The NRCS liner is the most popular liner for backyard rinks and we stock the NCRS liner in two widths; 32' and 50'. Each liner is then custom cut to the length you require. Minimum length is 20'
When ordering your liner, order it long and wide enough to go over your boards. For example, if your rink is 26'W x 32'L with 18" tall boards, you would order 32'W x 37'L liner. Call and speak with one of our Backyard Rink Specialists if you need assistance.
NiceRink® liners are ultra-white on BOTH sides! This helps keep your ice as cold as possible by reflecting the UV rays away from your ice. A white liner will also save your grass (unlike clear or white/black liners, or "blue tarps" which are known grass killers!). Other liners on the market may include a five-year "UV warranty." That's fine, but UV damage is not going to be the problem since the liners are covered with snow and ice during usage, so the UV doesn't affect the liner. You need a good strong liner to do the work. Our NRCS liners have lab tested on average OVER 50% STRONGER than our competitors liners, yet selling for the similar cost.
Click Here for a short video comparing our NiceRink Liner vs. an Inferior "Look-A-Like" liner. As the video shows...what may LOOK the same...is NOT the same. NiceRink warrants that their liner will hold the water when you get it.
Custom size rinks are available in just about any size. Get a quote today.
NiceRink ™ III
Recommended for Park & Recreation Applications
10 mil 4 layered, reinforced rip stop
NiceRink #3, our ultimate ice rink lining material has excellent puncture resistance, in conjunction with a -70F cold crack. Reinforcing filaments within the body of the material prevent further tearing or “zippering,” which means any cut that happens to get into a NiceRink #3 liner will remain small, meaning less patching to do in the summer. A major advantage of the NiceRink reinforced materials over "woven tarps" is that they won't get wind-whip damage, which means you won't end up using a sieve for a liner after one year. Available in most 6 foot increments starting at 24' wide up to what ever you can handle, and lengths in 5' increments starting at 50'.
NiceRink ™ I
EXCELLENT FOR BACKYARD RINKS
6 mil 4 layered, reinforced ripstop
NiceRink #1 is the baby brother to our NiceRink #3 material. It is virtually the same material, just a bit thinner to cut cost and weight for less demanding requirements. NiceRink #1 still offers the -70F cold crack along with the ripstop reinforcements to prevent further tearing or zippering to help keep cuts and holes to a minimum size. Available in widths of 20', 30', 35', 40', 50', 60', and 72' stock by any length. Wider widths available starting at 78' and 6' increments there-
after upon request.
NRCS Economy Value Liners
EXCELLENT FOR BACKYARD RINKS
Engineered THREE LAYERED liner for a LOW COST (3 layered Tri-Extruded Technology)
This HIGH STRENGTH engineered 3-LAYER film is offered as a less expensive alternative to our rip-stop reinforced liners. NRCS provides a low cost HIGH-STRENGTH alternative in a wide width, two side “super-white” film. The NRCS liner is not recommended for severely sloped sites. It is available in widths of 32, 40, 50, and 60 foot (80' and 100' by request at 10 cents per SF) by any length.
Icing the World Over, BUT Keepin' it GREEN
Ordering the NiceRink backyard ice rink liner is a very simple affair. After determining what size rink you'd like, add 5' to the length and 5' to the width to get your ice rink liner size. Examples: 35' x 45' rink requires a 40' x 50' liner, a 55' x 95' rink requires and 60' x 100' liner. This will give you 2.5' of liner around the entire perimeter of your rink to go up the inside edge of the boards to contain the water/ice. ***Factory Tolerances; +/- 1% on widths, +/- 1% on lengths over 100’ & +/- 1’ on lengths when less than 100’. As mentioned in our NiceRink pricing, the sizes of liners available are dependent upon which liner type you select. NiceRink #1 material is available in widths of; 20',30', 35', 40',50',60',72' stock and then starting at 78’ and every 6’ thereafter by special order. When the width of a NiceRink #1 liner is over 72', the width must be the 6' increment. For NiceRink #3 material, the liners can be ordered in most widths of 6' increments starting with 24' wide up to 198' (Minimum length 50 feet). The NiceRink "CheapSkate" material is available in widths of 32',40', 50' & 60' stock. (80’ & 100’ available by request) If you have any questions, PLEASE call us @ 888-NiceRink for help!
All "NiceRink" liners are made to order, and each one is therefore custom cut to your exact specifications. Therefore, once your liner is "CUSTOM" cut it CANNOT be cancelled. If it hasn't been cut, we will be more than happy to either change or cancel your order. If you MUST cancel your liner order and we have already CUT it, there will be a 25% liner cancellation fee charged to your account.
We apologize for this strict policy, however we cannot be responsible for selling your custom ice rink liner once it has been cut, and will most likely be sold as a smaller size or reduced rate liner.
Rink Liner Buying Guide
- WHITE-WHITE-WHITE-WHITE! NiceRink liners are Ultra-White on *BOTH* sides!
- To help keep your ice as cold as possible by reflecting the UV rays away from your ice
- To save your grass! Clear or White/Black liners are known grass killers, BUYER BEWARE.
- NiceRink Liners vs. Woven Tarps: NiceRink Liners are 6 or 10 mils of solid water holding poly. Woven Tarps on the other hand are yes maybe 6, 10 even 12 or 14 mil thick, however the bulk of their thickness comes from the woven reinforcement in between two very thin ½ to 1 mils of coating to hold the water. The reinforcement doesn't hold water, the poly is what does that. Once that ½ mil coating is compromised you you're basically left with a sieve that doesn't hold the water. They are heavier and harder to work with. Be informed.
- Get the size you want. NiceRink has ELEVEN different widths IN STOCK available in virtually any length you'd like. No need to buy extra and throw it away in the landfills. No waste!
- Liner warranty: NiceRink liners are warranted to hold the water when you get it. Some warranties on the market are for a 5 year "UV warranty". That's fine, but UV damage is not going to be the problem as the liners are covered with Snow and Ice during usage, so the UV doesn't affect the liner. You need a good strong liner to do the work and add KickPlates if at all possible.
- Liner life expectancy, everything except the liner will last for many-many years, most likely 10-15+. The liner life on the other hand, will be determined by two things:
- What the rink is being used for. Hockey or just general skating.
- How the inside edges of the liner are protected. The inside edge of the rink right at ice level is the most vulnerable part of any outdoor temporary rink system. If the inside edges are not protected with KickPlates, ours or something else, the liner will be continually hit with sticks, skates, pucks, toe-picks, etc. and that area will have little nicks and cuts in the liner. If that's the case the liner, no matter what you use for a liner, will be a one year liner, or you'll have to shrink your rink the following year so the little nicks/cuts are above the water line. If the edges are protected at ice level, you can expect 2-5 years of life out of the liners. NRCS, probably 1-3, NiceRink #1 & #3 2-5 depending on the rinks use and how the edges are protected.